CAREERS AT ADCO
As an estimator for ADCO, you will be on the leading edge of generating revenue for a rapidly growing drywall subcontractor. Your attention to detail and meticulous nature is valued as a highly desirable asset for preparing professional qualified bids and proposals for multi-million construction dollar projects. Your tactical and deliberate approach ensures a thorough and comprehensive analysis of each project we bid. Your technical and organizational skills bring confidence and conviction that our bids are solid and accurate. As you grow with ADCO, you will be rewarded with a stable work environment with opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Key Skills/Traits/Job Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, On Screen Takeoff, Quick Bid and Adobe Acrobat
- Is well organized and manages his/her time efficiently
- Spanish is a plus
- Strong sense of urgency
- “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Has a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the construction industry
- Must be willing to split time between the Bay Area and our Sacramento office. Stay overnight if necessary.
- Deliver quantity surveys (takeoffs) of drywall construction projects to Preconstruction Director by deadlines provided.
- Identify and outline any discrepancies, conflicts, or inconsistencies in the drawings and specifications.
- Compose pre-bid RFIs to general contractors.
- Build estimate of materials and labor from takeoff.
- Work closely with Preconstruction Director and Field Operations communicating project specific obstacles, concerns, & details.
- Compile and report detailed data and analysis metrics for each bid.
- Organize and file all bid data and documents in project folder at the close of each bid.
- On subsequent bid updates, log and quantify changes in drawings.
- Assist project management team with estimates for change order requests as needed.
Potential Career Advancement:
If an employee proves successful in this job over 1+ years and is looking to grow in their career there are several potential career moves outlined below. The ability to move into these positions will depend upon the employee receiving proper training, certification and education as required for the position as well as the position being open at the time.